Hi, welcome to Wooly Witchy!
Wooly Witchy is a tarot and yarny blog with a focus on queer/glbt issues with the
occasional cute cat and knitting pattern thrown in.
I believe that Tarot cards can help us refocus our energies to uncover the truths that we know deep down. I don’t necessarily think that they predict the future, although I think it’s possible that they illuminate potential outcomes if our course remains unchanged.
I am creating a bi-weekly ‘card of the day‘ tarot series as I explore the meanings of individual tarot cards from some of my favorite decks. I also try to have a weekend roundup post that I call Weekly Readings where I share the things I’ve read and learned over the week. I also create and share Tarot Spreads if you’re more the try-it-yourself type.
Like what you’re hearing? Follow the blog to keep updated. You can add me to your favorite feedreader or check the sidebar and follow me through e-mail if that’s more your style. You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter. I love comments so always feel free to leave me a note.
On a more personal note, here’s a little bit about me.
- I’m in my 30s.
- I have curly hair, and right now it’s blue :).
- I love to knit, crochet, and spin yarn on drop spindles (mostly top whorl) and on my Ashford Joy II and Ashford Scholar (Mark II) spinning wheels.
- I have two cats, I would have more, but the current two are change-averse and we value peace in the house.
- I married my beautiful wife in 2007 and we couldn’t be happier.
- My witchyness is very eclectic, my wife, who is also a witch, and I include elements from many religious traditions into our spiritual paths. A lot of it boils down to don’t be a jerk, trust your heart, and respect the natural world, and that there is always something new to learn.
- I also like gardening and that kind of thing, but I’m still learning a lot. Someday I want to have half my yard be covered in herbs. I’m working on building a lavender ocean. So far I have three plants.