Want to know a little bit more about me?
I’m a queer/lesbian white cisgender female with a BA in Ancient and Middle Eastern History and a Masters in Library Science. I love learning new things.
I started working with Tarot cards when I was an undergrad in college around 2000 and I’ve been an off and on student and reader since then. I got more focused and finally made a deeper connection to my intuitive self several years ago and started reading for other people then.
My very first deck, which I sadly no longer own, was a Lord of the Rings themed Tarot deck (based around the old artwork since this was ages before they even became movies). These days I read a great deal with a couple of my favorite decks: The Universal Goddess Tarot, the Happy Tarot, and the Prisma Visions Tarot. Others that I have an like to use are: Tarot of the Hidden Realm, Wild Unknown Tarot, Wildwood Tarot, Manga Tarot, and the Dark Days Tarot.
I believe that Tarot cards can help us refocus our energies to uncover the truths that we know deep down. I don’t necessarily think that they predict the future, although I think it’s possible that they illuminate potential outcomes if our course remains unchanged.
If I read for you it’s my goal to empower you to take control of your own life and to make the best choices that you can as you work towards your highest good. I always want a client to leave their reading feeling like they’ve taken some of their own power back and that even if things are really difficult in the moment, that they have something they can work on and a positive goal in mind.
On a more personal note, here’s a little bit about me.
- I’m in my 30s.
- I have curly hair, and I love to dye it wild colors 🙂
- I love to knit, quilt, and spin yarn on drop spindles (mostly top whorl) and on my Ashford Joy II and Ashford Scholar (Mark II) spinning wheels.
- I have two cats, I would have more, but the current two are change-averse and we value peace in the house.
- I married my beautiful wife in 2007 and we couldn’t be happier.
- My witchyness is very eclectic, my wife, who is also a witch, and I include elements from many religious traditions into our spiritual paths. A lot of it boils down to don’t be a jerk, trust your heart, and respect the natural world, and that there is always something new to learn.
- I also like gardening and that kind of thing, but I’m still learning a lot. Someday I want to have half my yard be covered in herbs. I’m working on building a lavender ocean. So far I have three plants.
Like what you’re hearing? Follow the blog to keep updated. You can add me to your favorite feedreader or check the sidebar and follow me through e-mail if that’s more your style. You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter. I love hearing from you so always feel free to leave me a note.